If you are an engineer who’s passionate about building innovative products that scale to tens of millions of pageviews a day, TalentsinAfrica is looking for you. TalentsinAfrica offers smart developers like you a multi-faceted development ecosystem with short release cycles. Every week sees the new release of multiple products that meet the growing needs of millions of job seekers and recruiters across Africa.
As a full-stack software engineer at TalentsinAfrica, you’ll be a part of a small, highly talented team of people working end-to-end on the products and services that power Africa’s Skills Assessment Platform. You’ll have the opportunity to impact everything from user-facing pixels on both desktop and mobile, to the backend data stores, and everything between.
At TalentsinAfrica, we love data. As a part of a highly data-driven organization, you won’t have to guess at the impact you’re having; you’ll leverage our large-scale data analysis infrastructure to define, measure, and test your hypotheses and deliver the best possible experience for the job seeker and recruiter. At TalentsinAfrica, our primary technology stack is a PHP-based framework, but we believe strongly in using the right tool for the right job. As such, we’re rapidly adopting emerging best-of-breed technologies and incorporating them into our stack. This includes things like React/Redux, React Native, Python/Django, MongoDB, Go, and Mesos, to name a few.
- Design, develop, deploy, and maintain services, systems, and user-facing applications helping 200 million jobseekers every month
- Conceive of and implement new features to help connect job seekers and employers
- Continually improve code quality, performance and reliability
- Has a passion for building elegant, scalable software that solves practical problems and helps people get jobs
- Thrives in a highly collaborative, cross-functional environment
- Loves to learn and develop new skills continuously
- Has a strong sense of ownership in every application they build
- BS in Computer Science or equivalent practical experience
- Significant practical experience with at least one of the following languages: Java, C++, C#, Python, php
- Demonstrated ability to operate as a high-performing member of a small, cross-functional team
- 5+ years experience in software development
- Experience building solutions for high traffic web sites
- Real-world, experience with one or more of the following, at scale: MySQL, Hadoop (CDH5), ElasticSearch, RabbitMQ
- Demonstrated ability to work with Product Management to define priorities, and provide technical direction for a small team (3-5) of engineers