A Reputable Private University College in the Accra / Tema Metropolis is inviting applications from suitably qualified persons for appointment to the position of Vice President.
• The Vice President is the Chief Academic / Compliance Officer of the Institute, and is accountable to the President as the academic and administrative head.
• Reporting to the President and as a core member of the senior management team, the Vice-President provides administrative and academic leadership in the Institute, proactive support to the Institute’s fit-for-purpose governance, overall effective risk management, and assistance to the Council.
• S/He provides professional support service to the academic and other units of the University. Vice President provides leadership in achieving the strategic objectives, the vision and the mission of the Institute, with the view to promoting academic and professional excellence.
Qualification Required & Experience
The Applicant must:
• Be of professorial status or have Ph.D / Doctoral degree with a minimum of five (5) years in a Senior Management position in a tertiary or analogous institution.
or Master’s degree with at least eight (8) years working experience in Senior Management position or a Senior Lecturer in a tertiary institution.
• possess excellent communication and interpersonal skills with proven capacity to inspire, manage and direct staff;
• be visionary, goal-oriented and able to establish relationship with industry for Academic and Professional advancement of the Institute.
• have extensive experience in administration and academic leadership and finance in a tertiary educational institution.
• be of proven integrity, creativity, innovativeness and have a drive for sound judgment.
• be able to project effectively the image of the Institute both internally and externally.
Terms of Appointment
• The appointment will be for four (4) years in the first instance, and may be renewed for a further term of two (2) years.
• Salary and fringe benefits attached to the post are attractive and negotiable.
Interested applicants are to submit the following to the address below: • An application letter • Curriculum Vitae including names, postal and email addresses for two (2) referees • Scanned copies of certificates • A three-page statement on the applicant’s vision for the Institute and the key strategies toward achieving them. CONTACT: All applications should be sent by Email: [email protected] Closing Date: 24 February, 2020